- What are cookies and why are they used?
Cookies are text files that contain small amounts of information that are downloaded and stored on your computer or mobile device, while visiting a website. Cookies can be read only by internet services operating in the domain for which they were created. They collect information to tailor the use and experience of the website such as remembering your visits on the website and all activities that you have carried out. Cookies also make a website work properly and efficiently, and that is why we store cookies on your computer or mobile device.
- What types of cookies are used on our website?
There are different types of cookies that are used on our website. You can find further information about their type and purposes in the following list:
- Permanent cookies are those stored on your browser for a longer period of time. This period depends on the settings of your browser as well as cookies themselves or until they are manually deleted from your browser. Permanent cookies have a significant influence on the function of the website. In their absence, our website may be seriously disrupted or even prevented from operating properly. Also, it may restrict access to some of the website’s resources such as the quotation tool.
- Technical cookies are those that stay on your computer or mobile device while your browser remains open. Once it’s closed, they are deleted. Technical (also so-called temporary) cookies store information about your preferences and choices that were made on the website. Their absence does not have a significant impact on our website’s operation; however, this situation may have a noticeable influence on the experience and comfort of its use.
- Google Analytics cookies are those that help us to better customise and to monitor traffic on our website. They are created to collect and analyse anonymous information concerning the behaviour of the user, the use of our website, collecting data and generating reports, and statistics on the operation of our website. That information is gathered with the use of the Google Analytics tool.
It is important that you are aware of what kinds of information Google Analytics stores. They are listed below:
– The specific pages you visit on our website.
– The time that you spend on our website.
– The source that links you to our website i.e. how did you find our website.
– The things you click while you are visiting our website.
Please note that Google does not use the gathered information to identify you, as the user, or link this data to allow your identification. We also do not allow Google to use or distribute our Analytics data.
- Facebook cookies are used by the Facebook widget and stored on Facebook page. These are permanent and temporary cookies.
- LinkedIn cookies are used by the LinkedIn widget and stored on LinkedIn page. These are permanent and temporary cookies.
- How can I manage my cookies?
You can manage your cookies on your browser in the following ways:
– By deleting all cookies that are stored on your computer or mobile device.
– By changing their settings in your browser.
– By blocking all cookies in your browser; however, this procedure may disrupt your browsing experience on our website and you may not be able to use all of our online services.
– By enabling all cookies in your browser.
Additional information on how to control your cookies can be obtained on the website of the browser’s provider.